Mercury Retrograde is here December 19 – January 8. Don’t panic! Take a few deep breaths. Here is some general information about this phenomenon and some tips on how to handle the potential issues during the holidays.
What is Mercury Retrograde?
Three or four times a year, Mercury passes the earth in its orbit. From a space- telescope, this creates the illusion that Mercury is spinning backward but it really isn’t. Mercury rules communication, travel, and technology — so all of these areas go haywire for about three weeks. When Mercury is retrograde we can expect indecision and change of plans. Retrograde periods for Mercury require much caution and orderly thinking.
So what can you do about this?
- Stay organized. Keep receipts together and check your bank accounts for accuracy.
- Avoid large purchases where you have to sign a contract
- Reread all email and documents before you end them
- Double check dates and times of commitments
- Allow extra travel time. Mercury plays havoc with travel schedules
- Back up your digital data TODAY
- Beware of communication. Speak clearly and make sure you are understood
- Practice forgiveness. Finish processing what’s unresolved so you can let it go
- Carry and work with our Mercury Retrograde Kit available online or in the store
There is some good that can occur during Mercury Retrograde
- Focus on the words beginning with prefix re which means “go backwards”\
- Renew, reconnect, revamp, redecorate,
- The is a good time to renew friendships and spend time with family without electronics equipment
- Reminisce about family traditions, look at old pictures
- Expect to hear from old friends or people from your past
Ways to work around Mercury Retrograde
There are additional things you can do to limit the effects of Mercury being retrograde.
- Flip it Around. So all this sounds like a stressful time, doesn’t it? But it really doesn’t have to be at all. In fact, you can a flip your attitude about it onto its head!
- Take this time to s-l-o-w it down. Try not to take on something HUGE at this time & not to release or launch a new project. This to be a GREAT time to restructure or reorganize something, do some gentle & supportive personal work. Re-Do Time & take your time. Laid back + zen; simply renew, revamp & redo!
- We can choose how to respond. Try to remember…the only thing we have control over is our own reaction to whatever may occur.The applied energy & the energy of your created environment will encompass the energy within you & that of the energy of your current situation (& possibly that of the people involved in it too!)
Good luck! Remember, this is only for three weeks!